Visitor Visas

Visitor visas allow you to spend short periods in Australia visiting family, friends, or to sightsee or to make general business or employment enquiries. In considering whether to grant a Visitor visa, the Department will consider the circumstances in your home country, your ties to your home country, your ability to fund the trip, the purposes of your visit, and any ties you may have to Australia.

Most importantly is your ability to demonstrate that you are a genuine visitor with valid reasons for returning home. Visitor visas also have strict no work conditions and limited study/training for up to 3 months only.

Applicants can apply under the tourist, family sponsored or business activity streams.

We can assist you with:

• Visitor visas;

• Extended Visitor visas for parents or frequent travellers to Australia;

• Sponsored Family Visitor visas which may require a security bond;

• Business Visitors who wish to undertake specific business activities.

We also have extensive experience assisting clients who have previously been refused a Visitor visa to come to Australia.

Working Holiday Visas

The Work and Holiday Visa Australia (Subclass 462) and the Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) applies to people between 18 and 30 years of age from certain countries. These visas allow applicants to come to Australia for up to 12 months and partake in short term work, study or simply to holiday and travel the country. Whilst these visas are similar, the nationalities of people they apply to differs as does their terms and conditions.

Generally, these visas allow you to stay in Australia for up to twelve months. During this time, you can visit and leave the country as many times as you wish, and you’re allowed to study for up to four months. You can also work for up to six months with one employer. This means that you could potentially work for the entire duration of your stay, so long as you change employers after six months.

Applicants must be able to demonstrate sufficient funds for their entire stay, meet health and character requirements, not be accompanied by a dependent child and be a genuine visitor.

Working Holiday 417 Visa

A Subclass 417 visa is valid for up to twelve months. If you work for three months in a regional area of Australia undertaking specified work during this time, you may be eligible to apply for a second Subclass 417 visa, which you can apply for do while you’re in Australia or overseas (although you also be overseas at time of visa grant).

You must be aged 18 to 30, and hold a passport from either:

Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, or the United Kingdom

Work and Holiday 462 Visa

There is an annual limit on the number of Subclass 462 visas that are issued to people from each listed country, except for citizens of the USA. If you’re unable to get a visa in the current program year, you’ll need to apply at the beginning of the next one. The visa program year begins on 1 July each year.

Currently the only pathway to obtaining a second 462 visa is if you have worked for three months in northern Australia within either the tourism and hospitality or agriculture, forestry or fishing sectors.

You must be aged between 18 and 30, and you hold a passport from either:

Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, China, Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Slovenia, Slovak Republic, Thailand, Turkey, the United States of America, Uruguay or Vietnam